Saturday, November 1, 2008

Updates: No, I'm Not Missing!

I want to apologize to those who may think I've dropped off the face of the Earth. Life has been very busy this Fall and I've been kind of emerged in some other projects lately.

First off, I got my Plantraco setup in, but haven't had time to even take any pictures of it to show off here. I am hoping to start the build before too much longer.

Second, project "PhlatPrinter" is moving along great. The machine just works and works without any problems encountered whatsoever. In fact, I have a few projects to get cut for some friends in various parts of the country!

Third, all of my free time here lately has been taken up by researching all different forms of CNC Routers out there. I am hoping to start the build of a new machine just after the first of the new year, so I've been trying to learn all that I can to make this build successful right out of the gate. I am looking to build a full-motion gantry flatbed machine with a cutting area of 2' x 4'. This should allow me to capture all of those projects I want to cut that my trusty old PhlatPrinter cannot (balsa cuts, flight boxes, etc.). When I start this build, I will be covering all aspects of the build right here!

Finally, I have been working hard to figure out how I can get my new HandyCam to properly interface with my PC or Mac so that I can get some good video on the web for all that I can see. My hopes are to put together a series of video blogs that will show you guys some of my build techniques and such. It looks as though this camera may have a bad firewire port, as I cannot get it to work no matter what I do. That being said, it looks like I am still on the hunt for an inexpsensive video camera with Firewire capability.

Please be patient - I will have some projects available here soon!

No comments: